Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Remembering a dear friend of mine...who will always stay in my heart forever.

RaChelle Suzanne Blair Akagi

Once upon a time there was a little girl who was always being teased  in school because she was different than all the other kids. She loved music very much especially The Phantom of the Opera musical. She was tormented and ridiculed by all the other kids because of this love of music, and had a hard time in school because of it. Her mother and father tried to console her, but she needed a friend other than her parents who would listen and be there for her. And at her school she no friends that would really understand her.

When she thought there was no hope for her an Angel appeared in her life in the form of a beautiful woman named RaChelle. This woman started teaching this little girl voice lessons every week. And her beautiful voice always amazed and touched the girl. Singing with her was always a joy out of the girls week.

One day when she went over for her voice lesson somewhere around in December  and RaChelle was there waiting for her like usual. But this time instead of singing, RaChelle told the girl that they would spend some time with each other and just talk. This is exactly what the girl needed, and they spent a long time just talking. RaChelle listened with an open heart at everything the girl told her she was going through, and replied that she had gone through the same thing as a child. This touched the girl deeply and when her mother came to pick her up, she didn't want to go home. This woman had brought the spirit of the season into this girls heart and showed her unconditional love.

 This wasn't the last time RaChelle and the girl would have their talks. Soon the girl had a friend that felt like a sister to her, that she loved with all her heart. RaChelle was the light in her life and she loved going to voice lessons, because she got to spend time with her friend. 

Then one day, RaChelle found out that she had lymphoma and the Angel lost her beautiful voice to that horrible disease.But she fought it like a knight in battle. It was hard for the girl to watch this beautiful angel in her life fight this battle. The girl was confident that her friend would come through okay because she was a strong woman. 

But alas, to the girls heartache  this beautiful angel lost her fight with the disease she fought for a year and a half. And the angel went back into the beautiful place where her Heavenly Father welcomed her with loving arms....leaving her family and a girl who she never knew how much she had touched to mourn her passing and  celebrate her wonderful life. 

That little girl was me, and this month with Thanksgiving next week, I wanted to remember with a grateful heart the wonderful woman who touched my life in many ways. No other woman has touched my life in the way RaChelle has touched mine. She is and forever will remain a special place in my heart. I am so grateful that she took the time to listen to me when I needed someone to listen. I am so deeply thankful for the unconditional love she showed to me throughout the years I knew her. 

Thank you RaChelle for showing me all these things. I miss you so much, and hearing your beautiful voice on the c.d. your sister Kaylee made,brings tears to my eyes because I miss hearing you sing. But I know because of our Savior Jesus Christ that someday we will meet again. Until then, here are the words to one of the last songs I heard you sing while you were here with us.

Bonding
The sun in slowly setting
The time is drawing nigh
And though we've seen it coming 
We hate to say goodbye
We've shared our joys and gladness
And even cried a tear or two
And it's the hardest thing I'll ever try
To say goodbye to you....

Chorus
It was worth spending this time with you
It seems we've just begun
Now suddenly we're through
I will think fondly of you
It was worth bonding with you

The music that we shared here was music from above
The friendships that we made here were bonds of perfect love
So before I leave you and we sing our farewell song
Remember all the good times
Because memories linger on
Chorus
May the Lord protect you from on high
Ease the pain of saying this goodbye
Cause I'll still call you friend
You'll ALWAYS be my friend...



I love and miss you my dear friend!
~Natalie













No comments:

Post a Comment