Monday, October 10, 2011

Life as we know it..

 I know that I  haven't posted any pictures like I said that I would, but to tell you all the truth, it's really hard to post pictures of myself at my worst. It's hit me these last few weeks how happy I am when I make the time that I need for myself. And when I talk about making time for myself, I mean things like exercising, or taking the time to cook healthy alternatives to my old recipes. Yes, it's a challenge, but I know that if I keep doing what I'm doing, I will reach my goal (eventually). Its not always easy. When I have a household to run, dogs to take care of and a amazing husband that I need to take of, taking time to exercise is hard. After all I have gone so many years without exercising and I have lost a ton of weight on diets and such, and it's hard to adjust to my new patterns of not going on crash diets and getting enough movement in my day. sometimes I wonderif it will really work and if I'm crazy for doing something like this. I know alot of people who are still crash dieting every other month and they seem to be okay. But that is not the path I want to take. I want my body to heal itself the right way so that I can have kids. Like I said in my last post: "This is not about me anymore, this is about my kids." When I think of that certain fact, taking 20 to 30 minutes out my day doesn't seem like such a big deal after all. sometimes we all need a little bit of patience. My mother in law Suzy and I were talking last night and I know that no matter what we are going through, someone understands us. I'm not the only person in the whole world who has had a hard time losing weight or being able to have kids. Travis isn't the only child who has lost his Father suddenly. Suzy isn't the only person in the world who has lost her husband and feels lonely. That's why it's important that we all make time for each other. I know that I'm not the best at this, and I'm certainly not always good at it and I need to learn some things about being a good friend. But deep down inside, I know that all I need to do is make the time for the people in my life who are important to me. And when I do that, life won't necessecarily be roses and violets, but it will be easier to get through the tough times. Thanks again for reading.
~Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment