I'm not saying that my life sucks. I'm not saying that reality is horrible. And I definitely not saying that I got dealt a bad hand in life. Because frankly I got dealt a really good hand.
I really am blessed with a GREAT husband, a wonderful family, and the cutest little dogs in the world. Not only that, but Travis and I are so blessed to have our OWN house and have the things that we have been given. Granted it SHOULD be enough, and I SHOULDN'T beg for more, but I do.
Because I know that life can and will get better. And how do I know this, I know this because of the dream I had last night, which I will share with all of you:
I'm laying down, on a bed that is not hard, but not soft either. I slowly open my eyes and look around me. I'm in a hospital, and my mother is sitting on the side of the bed by me. She has her head down, she is reading a book. On my other side I see my father laying down on the couch, and he is looking up at my sister Nikky who is begging him for money so she can get some snacks from the vending machine. Across from them sit my mother in law Suzy, and my brother in law Caleb and they are both reading a book. No where to be found is my Travis. Suddenly I become panicked, and I arise and sit up in the bed. My mother looks up from her book and exclaims "Oh sweetie, you are finally awake!" She puts down her book as all eyes in the room fall upon me. All eyes are puffy and red, everyone in the room has been crying. Then I wonder what is wrong and what has happened.
I'm speechless, and the only thing that I can mutter out is "Where is Travis, where is Travis." My mom starts crying, and I start to panic, and all the blood starts rushing to my face, and before my mother can answer me, the door opens.
In comes Travis. He is crying and smiling. And in his arms is a little pink blanket. I'm speechless and in shock. Everyone goes to him, and surrounds him. He smiles at them, gently pushes them aside and says: "I think she should hold her."
He walks toward me, and the tears well up in my eyes as he slowly and gently places the little girl in my arms. He puts his arm around me as we look at her together and he whispers in my ear "Madeline. This is our little Madeline."
The moment I see her face my heart begins to swell. She is so precious, she is so beautiful. And as her eyes flutter open and look at me, the tears fall down as I hold her close. And there we are, a little family, finally 100% complete.
And that is why I had trouble waking up this morning. Because of that dream, I know that life can only get better. That dream inspired me to reach my weight goals, and keep pushing forward, because someday, I have that moment to look forward to. That moment where Travis and I hold our daughter in our arms. The moment where our love is blossomed into a flower. The moment that I have been dreaming of my entire life.







No comments:
Post a Comment