Thursday, November 1, 2012

Storm

It's dusk. My eyes are red as they try to see through the smoke. Through the destruction. My heart is heavy. I don't know how long I have been standing here just weeping, but it has been long due to the ache in my legs. I slowly sink to the ground. I don't care if it's soft or not. All that matters is in this moment I am still alive. I am still alive. Someone runs up to me through the smoke. I try to make out their face, but my glasses were ruined during the storm, and I can't see far away. As they come closer I see in clear view my love, my life and my better half Travis. His clothes are torn, and he is very dirty. I get up and run to him and once  I reach him I throw my arms around him. He swings me around and around and kisses me. 

More tears come to my eyes. "I thought I had lost you! I thought I had lost you." is all that he can make out to say. He puts me down. I look into his eyes and he is crying too. As we hold onto each other, suddenly my thoughts shift from happiness to worry. 

I start to panic and look up to him and ask "Where are the kids? Are they okay? Are they hurt?'

Travis looks into my eyes and shakes his head. 

(To be continued...)

comment on my blog if you would like to read the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment