This year, because Travis and I are both working, it's nice that we can afford to make a nice little Christmas for us and our family. We have already bought all our Christmas presents, except the exception of one who is not very easy to buy for, and have them wrapped underneath the Christmas tree. It's a nice feeling to know that this Christmas will the first Christmas we spend in OUR house, alone together, and we will have our Christmas morning nice and alone.
In all the years (3 1/2) that I've been married to Travis, I have found these things out about him: #1 He LOVES the Forgotten Carols. When I say love, I mean love. Every year we have read the Forgotten Carols book that he got me the Christmas when we were engaged, and I have loved it. #2 He is a man of great surprises when it comes to presents. Last year he completely took me off guard by getting me a copy of the Christus statue in the North building of the Salt Lake Temple Square. I cried so much when I opened the present that I could barely see through my contacts the rest of the night. And this year I expect no less from the man that I have come to deeply respect and love. #3 That he has a deep love for the Savior, and Heavenly Father. He is a great man, and I am very lucky.
Despite the rush of Christmas time, I have found the time to relax. I have deleted my Facebook account (first I backed up everything), and that has helped my stress levels immensely. For the first time in my life, instead of being concerned of how OTHERS view me, and worrying about how my life never matches up, I can relax and just enjoy my life as it is, without the endless eyes of everyone.
As Christmas draws nearer, there is one present that would bring me more joy than I could ever imagine. It is the one thing that Travis and I hope for the most, that we have been waiting on for quite a long time. I am praying with all my heart and soul that this Christmas we will receive the greatest Christmas gift of all, a child. The thing is, I will know on Christmas whether or not our deep desire has come true at last. And if it has, it will make it the MOST memorable Christmas in my life.
Like one of my favorite of my favorite Christmas carols chorus's say
Angels we have on heard high
Sweetly singing ore the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains
Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo....
Sweetly singing ore the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains
Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo....
That is the song that you will hear from our household on Christmas morning if Travis and I have conceived a child. And you bet that I will be singing praises to my Heavenly Father and his beloved son Jesus Christ, even more that day than I usually do, because my hopes and prayers have been at last answered. I pray that the spirit of Christmas will fill your homes with love and joy, and that you may be able to feel of the love of our Heavenly Father and Savior for you individually. May God bless you and your family this Christmas season.
We love and appreciate you all.
Thanks so much for reading.
Merry Christmas.







No comments:
Post a Comment