He shakes his head in reply as he looks down at me and smiles.
"They are safe...They are with their Grandma Suzy."
I cry in relief as I wrap my arms around his waist. He is covered in dust and it flies off of him as my arms wrap around him. He bends down and kisses me on the forehead.
The world is silent through all the destruction. the sky is growing dark, and the moon is starting to appear.
"At least we have each other right now." I whisper in the silence.
Travis looks at me with such tenderness, and then says, after kissing me on the forehead,
"We need to find shelter, it's going become really cold tonight. And who knows what else is out there."
And then a scream pierces the night....
To be continued...
Friday, December 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment