Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Some dreams, coming crashing down with multiple fireballs and burn you right where it hurts...

Dear Friends and Family,
To all of those who thought I was talented, or thought I was going places....well here's a big wake up call: I'm not any of those things.Thought I would be the winner on a t.v. show, thought that I would be some international star, well you thought wrong. To my supporters, to my teachers, to all who believed in my dreams along with me, I have to stop this dream and wake up to reality. I'm never going to be great. I'm never going to be good. I went to America's Got Talent with your hopes and dreams for me in place hoping that I would show the world what a small town girl can do, well...here's the reality. I didn't make it. Now all your wishes and dreams for me can float away, and you can turn around and say, "Oh, we thought she could. Oh well, moving on we'll find the next so called child prodigy!"
 I'm not a star, and I only sang because it made me happy. Now, I don't feel like singing anymore. What have I to sing for when everyone of your supporters loses faith in you because you can't get on a stupid t.v. show. How can I sing when I see the look on my parents faces knowing that I didn't make it, and that I never will. How can I sing when I don't have any children to sing lullabies to so that they can fall asleep in my arms. How can I sing, when my own husband, doesn't have time to hear me. So this is the end of one story, and the beginning of another. Somewhere out there, there is another child prodigy that will make it places and will be on t.v. shows and fulfill all your expectations. There will be many of them. But it won't be me. From this moment on, Natalie Ward Hathcock is not going to be singing....anywhere. No t.v. shows, no talent competitions, no meetings, nada, nothing. I'm done. I'm spent. The most singing I'll do is to teach the other child prodigy's how to sing. That's it.
End of Story.
Sincerely with love,
Natalie
P.S. I'm not looking for any sympathy, I'm just letting this all out of my system. 

1 comment:

  1. ~hugs~ I love you no matter what Natalie!

    ReplyDelete