Friday, May 17, 2013

Dreams are better sometimes....

I had this dream last night that left me in tears...so I needed to write it out, because it is so special to me. With "that" time of the month approaching my mind is always on the future and what it holds for Travis and I as far as children. I hope you enjoy! :)

"He is standing before me. At 5 years of age he looks almost 10 because he looks like he has been through a war. His ruffled blonde hair is swept back to reveal big blue eyes that are just pleading with me. He is skinny and short and his shoulders are slumped. Reading the paper in front of me, I can see that this little one has had  a rough life. His mother and father are both in prison and have given up parental rights. Because both of their parents are deceased and they have no siblings, this little boy  has been in and out of foster care because no one wants him because of the parents who are in prison.  My heart aches as I look at him and before I know what is happening  my hands reach out to him and he runs into my arms and puts his face into my shoulder. His tears are wetting my shoulder as I hold him. I understand exactly what it feels like to not be wanted and so my tears fall on his soft blonde hair. After a minute or two I feel a hand rest on my other shoulder. I look up and it is Travis. He is crying too. And just looking at him I know the answer. I pull the little one away and his bottom lip starts to quiver and his body starts to shake. He is looking down. I put my hand underneath his chin so that he will look into my eyes and then I smile and say to him "You are coming home to be with us. We want to be your parents."  The brightest smile I have ever seen lights up his face and he runs back into my arms and gives me a big hug. Then his little voice almost more than a whisper says "I love you Mom. I have been waiting my entire life for you and Dad" At that point I begin to sob with Travis as I get up take his hand, press a kiss to his little cheek and the three of us walk to fill out the paperwork so that we can become his legal parents. 

*****************************************************************************
A month has passed, almost too quickly. Matthew, as we have named him, has adjusted quickly to our home and is a loving, mischievous 5 year old who brings me dandelions from the backyard and teases our two pomeranians Sophie and Mika. He gets along wonderfully with his Father and the two are always playing jokes on me. He loves to cuddle and loves to watch Disney movies. But most of all he loves going to the nearby park to play on the swings. So today we are going to surprise our little one with a swing of his very own, on the tree in the front yard. It took a little bit of time to do, and a lot of sneaking around, but he has not suspected a thing. As Travis and I take him outside to surprise him, he sees it before we can even tell him and he gets on and starts to swing and swing, while he laughs joyfully. He has done alot of change in the last few months. He is not as skinny (mostly because he eats and eats, whatever I cook), and his blue eyes are sparkling. He loves church and loves to learn about Jesus and Heavenly Father. And as I look at our little one, even though he is not biologically ours, my heart swells with love and pride. No matter what happens, he will always be ours. We will be going to seal that forever next year in the Salt Lake Temple. Travis and I look at each other with tears in our eyes as all the promises that we made to each other are fulfilled  I tell Matthew  that he has until dinner to play with his Dad and then he will need to come inside, and Travis goes to play with him but before pressing a kiss to my cheek. This is what love is. Finally we are made whole."




No comments:

Post a Comment