No matter my pain
Not matter how much I feel inside
My pain is for no gain
My cries go silent
In the ears of him
That can hear everyone and everything
And all the cries that I've cried out
He heeds no more it seems
Why I wonder
When you could heal the sick
And bring back the dead
Why can't you take away our pain
And give us a child instead
Why can't you heal my broken heart
And place a child in my arms
So that the love between husband and wife
Can at last be whole
Why do the tests always come back negative
When all my friends get positive
Will I ever feel what it's like to hold a child
To hear them whisper Mommy
And then see them grow up
And become what I couldn't
Or will it only be in my dreams
Forever a scar upon my heart.
I'm driving my husband crazy
And all my friends as well
They are sick of hearing about my pain
Of not being able to bear a child
Why oh Lord, can't you give us one little one
To heal our broken souls
What lesson is there
In this pain
that you are trying to unfold.
I don't understand
I can't comprehend
Why we can't seem to conceive
We are doing everything right
And doing everything we can
And everyday I am surrounded
By people who don't care
About their precious child
They try to get out
They to to run
Away from their daughters and sons
While in the meantime
My darling husband
Would do anything
To hear a child call him Papa
Please Heavenly Father
Send us a child
Please let the test come back positive
Please cure my aching soul
Please let me live
To see the joy on my husbands face
When I tell him we are expecting
And that we will have a child
Please let me experience
The joy and sorrow of Motherhood
Let me experience the sleepless nights
And all the restless hours
That one child can bring
That one child can bring
Let me hear my name
Replaced by the name Mommy
Let me hear them cry out for me
When they are scared and frightened.
Please oh Heavenly Father
I pray this hopeless day
That you will bless us with all this
And take away our pain
I pray that you will hear
My simple earnest plea
And give your loving daughter and son
A healing feeling of peace
Please help me Father
I simply ask
To understand your ways
And while I walk this path
Give me strength along the way
Please help me find
The peace my soul needs
And the love my heart needs to feel.
And finally I ask for just one more simple thing
The gift of your daughter...
To become...
Our little Madeline...
The gift of your daughter...
To become...
Our little Madeline...







I hear you and feel the same pain as i am still single but i long to be a wife and a mother. I hug you now. i use to work in day care but just got fired, but when i watch the kids my heart ached to have one of my own and be a wife and mother. please know there are ones out there that understand the same pain you. I love you Natalie.
ReplyDelete