Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Giving up something is never an easy thing...

One word is all I can say, and that word is Cheese. Cheese has been apart of my life, has been a comfort during horrible breakups, when I wasn't asked to the dance, or especially when people I loved passed away. So when something has been such a comfort, why in the world would I give it up? Why in the world would I toss it away like it is nobody's business.

That only takes one word too, Health. My health. Most of my readers know that I have been on a program called Sponser Me Slim. It's been a pretty easy program, I have my supplements and a shake for breakfast and lunch, and then for dinner I can have a "healthy" meal of my choice, and then throughout the day I'm suppose to be drinking a gallon to a gallon and a half of lemon water. All in all I have been following the program to the T, but for one exception, the cheese. Now most of you are thinking, "Oh come on, if you are doing all that and having a little bit of cheese it is no big deal..." But it is a big deal and that is why I'm writing this.

The thing is, with cheese, I can't just have a little. It's almost like an obsession, like how chocolate lovers are with chocolate, that is me with cheese. I can eat a ton, (literally) a ton of cheese and still not be satisfied, and adding all those calories to my "healthy" dinner is not helping me lose the weight fast even though I'm doing well with all the other parts of the eating plan.

So this morning I got up, after having a meal the night before that I served that had a lot of cheese with it (you know the good kind of cheese Asiago, Romano and Parmesan) and I got on the scale. Remember I have been drinking a gallon and a half of water with lemon a day, and I have only been having supplements and a shake for breakfast, and lunch. All I had the cheese with my dinner. All I had was the cheese, and nothing else. I had gained .2 of a pound. A lot of you may be saying..."Oh brother, that is hardly anything!"
But the thing is, to me that is everything. I'm suppose to be on this program to lose weight, not gain anything. So that is when I decided that the cheese has got to go. Because in reality, my obsession with cheese is the whole reason why I got myself in the place that  I'm at, and in order to get myself out, I need to say farewell (not forever) to my good friend cheese.

Good bye cheese, I shall not miss you when I'm losing all the weight. I will say hello again to you in correct portions when I finally get down to be 95 pounds. Thanks for the memories that got me here, but now I'm about to embark on a whole new adventure without you.
Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful day! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment